The GMG Porsche 997.1 Turbo exhaust system increases overall performance and enhances the exhaust sound. Hand crafted out of T304 Stainless steel and meticulously TIG welded to AWM aerospace specifications with great precision, the system is lighter than the factory system and exudes a level of quality that is unsurpassed. Weighing in at 37 pounds, the GMG Porsche 997 Turbo exhaust system is 20 percent lighter than the factory system.
The system features OBD2 compliant German made 200 cell sport catalysts with proper 02 sensor placement to ensure no CEL (Check Engine Light) and a proprietary crossover x-pipe to increase power by balancing exhaust gas pulse coming from the engine and adds to the signature sound that only the GMG WC system can offer.
GMG’s proprietary crossover x-pipe works by balancing the exhaust pulses from either side — or cylinder bank – of the engine. It allows the exhaust to flow down the path of least resistance while speeding up exhaust velocity. At lower revs, turbulence is formed as exhaust gases try to shuffle past a second column of gases coming from the other side. While always producing more power than the restrictive factory system. Exhaust speed is increased as the engine revs increase. The X-Pipe merges the exhaust into two uniform streams, allowing a smooth flow from engine to exhaust exit.
Stainless steel packing is used our mufflers to withstand extreme exhaust temperatures and high intensity acoustic pressures that are generated by the forced induction system that is located within very close proximity due to its rear engine configuration. This is one of the key advantages of the GMG exhaust system since most other exhaust systems uses fiberglass packing instead to lower costs, and they are prone to rapid deterioration.
The exhaust system is a direct bolt on replacement for the factory system.
- Horsepower and Torque Increased up to 25hp without software upgrade.
- Deep aggressive exhaust notes at lowers revs, and exotic high pitched exhaust notes at higher revs. No unwanted cabin drone.
- Fabricated right here in Southern California out of US-Made 304 Stainless steel.
- Features GMG’s Signature Brushed Finish and Quad-tip design.
- Propriety Crossover center section with X pipe design.
- OBD2-compliant German made 200 cell sport catalysts, featuring stainless steel muffler packing; No CEL (Check Engine Light).
- Direct bolt on replacement (no modification to vehicle); all hardware and clamps included.
We’ve got your back!
German Muscle takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 569-3402, feel free to direct message on our live chat, or email us at email@example.com.
Make sure to follow us on Instagram: @GermanMuscleAZ