The Fabspeed Lightweight Competition Exhaust System for the 718 4.0L cars was specifically designed to be the lightest, best performing exhaust possible. Our design process started with 3D scanning the entire exhaust system using our CREAFORM 700 Handscan so that we could make a complete Solidworks 3D model of the exhaust. We then designed the exhaust and fixtures using that model so that the exhaust fit perfectly to OEM standards. After multiple revisions for sound and dyno testing we settled on 2.5′ 63.5mm tubing with a crossover tube to increase exhaust scavenging and reduce drone. The flanges are thick 304 stainless steel that we CAD designed to perfectly match the OEM flanges and reuse the factory metal gaskets.
This systems deletes the factory PSE valves so it always provides an aggressive snarl no matter what RPM you’re at. Expect a significant increase in volume, with minimal cabin drone. If you need to cut down on how loud your exhaust is because of race track rules, we sell turn down tips which cut 3-6db of exhaust SPL.
This race designed exhaust makes the majority of its power in the upper RPM band. Past 5,000 RPM we saw consistent gains on our DynoJet. At 7,700 RPM this system makes 15 whp and 10 ft/lbs of tq.
- Fits all 718 Cayman/Boxster GT4 / GTS / Spyder Cars 2020+ (Please see note for specific fitment instructions)
- Adds 15 whp and 10 ft/lbs of tq
- Saves 17lbs / 7.3kg over the factory PSE muffler
- Constructed from high-quality 14-16ga CNC mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel for optimum flow and maximum durability
- Crossover tube helps with exhaust scavenging and reduces drone
- Emissions legal in all 50 states
- No Check Engine Light guaranteed
- Simple DIY bolt-on installation, no cutting or welding required
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty
NOTE: Porsche changed the exhaust brackets on the 718 GT4 and Spyder somewhere around the February 2020 build date. Before purchasing you MUST check to see if your 718 GT4/Spyder has the early or late style exhaust brackets. Please see the example photos below.