The Fabspeed Valvetronic X-Pipe Exhaust System for the 718 4.0L cars wakes up the sleepy Porsche PSE exhaust and gives them a truly exotic sports car sound all while retaining the functionality of PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust). Our design process started with 3D scanning the entire exhaust system using our CREAFORM 700 Handscan so that we could make a complete Solidworks 3D model of the exhaust. We then designed the exhaust and fixtures using that model so that the exhaust fit perfectly to OEM standards. After multiple revisions for sound and dyno testing we settled on using our CAD flow engineered investment cast X-Pipe and 2.5″ 63.5 mm tubing for the most power and exotic sports car sound. The CAD flow modeled X-pipe is an exclusive Fabspeed part that gives a smooth high pitched exotic sound and flows much better than a X-Pipe handmade from U bends cut and welded together. The exhaust valves we use are made by Helical Limited in the United Kingdom. These ISO 9001 certified valves are the same ones Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche use on their GT cars. The flanges are thick 304 stainless steel that we CAD designed to perfectly match the OEM flanges and reuse the factory metal gaskets.
With PSE off our Valvetronic exhaust gives a nice subtle increase in volume. With PSE on and the valves open it turns the 4.0L’s exhaust note into a truly exotic sound with a significant increase in volume. This system will turn heads as you rip by. If you need to cut down on how loud your exhaust is because of race track rules, we sell turn down tips which cut 3-6db of exhaust SPL.
This system makes power throughout the entire RPM band. On our DynoJet we saw +15 whp and 11 ft/lbs of tq at 7,600 RPM and a healthy does of torque down low at 2,400 RPM gaining +28 ft/lbs of tq and +13 whp. This is low end torque you’ll really feel around town and horsepower that continues all the way up to redline.
- Fits all 718 Cayman/Boxster GT4 / GTS / Spyder Cars 2020+ (Please see the note below for how to identify if your car has early or late model exhaust brackets)
- Significant Dyno gains across the RPM band. +28 ft/lbs tq @ 2400RPM, +10 ft/lbs tq @ 4800RPM, and +15 whp @ 7600RPM
- Weight savings of 4lbs 1.8KG vs the factory exhaust
- Helical Limited U.K. Silicon Carbide exhaust valves
- CAD designed X-Pipe made using investment casting for maximum possible flow and spectacular sports car sound
- Constructed from high-quality 14-16ga CNC mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel for optimum flow and maximum durability
- Emissions legal in all 50 states
- No Check Engine Light guaranteed
- Simple DIY bolt-on installation, no cutting or welding required
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty
NOTE: On the 718 GT4 and Spyder, Porsche used early model exhaust brackets up until roughly the February 2020 build date. After the February 2020 build date Porsche switched to the late model exhaust brackets. Before purchasing you MUST check to see if your 718 GT4/Spyder has the early or late style exhaust brackets. Please see the example photos below