BMW M2 / M235I / M135I
Our updated F22 N55/M2 Eventuri intake system is a perfect example of our “Complete System” principal. It demonstrates the perfect balance between allowing for unrestricted airflow to our Venturi housing and cold air saturation with our scoop and new sealed duct combination. The new sealed duct and heat shield combination ensures that engine bay heat is kept away from the filter and therefore IATs are kept to a minimum. Every detail has been meticulously developed from the prepreg carbon pieces to the precision bracket work. This intake sets a new benchmark in design and craftsmanship for the F22 and F87 platforms. Also fits the M135i and M235i with the N55 engine.
The Eventuri Difference
The M2 Eventuri system uses our Patented Housing which provides an aerodynamically efficient airflow path from the filter to the MAF tube. Not just another cone filter with a heat shield but a unique design which invokes the Venturi effect. You can read more about the housing design and how it works HERE.
- EVE-N55V2-CF-INT : V2 BMW F87 M2, F2X M135i, M235i, F3X 335i, 435i Carbon intake
- EVE-N55V2-KV-INT : V2 BMW F87 M2, F2X M135i, M235i, F3X 335i, 435i Kevlar intake
The Eventuri F87 M2, N55 intake system consists of a number of components engineered to perform a specific purpose and fabricated to the highest of standards. Here are the details for each component and the design ethos behind them:
- Each updated intake system consists of:
- Prepreg Carbon Fibre Venturi Housing
- High Flow Generation 2 Bespoke Cone Filter
- Prepreg Carbon Sealing Duct
- Prepreg Carbon Fibre Intake Tube with integrated MAF Sensor Mount
- Prepeg carbon Fibre Air Scoop
- Laser Cut Intake heat Shield
- Laser Cut Stainless Steel Brackets
- High quality Silicon couplers with BMW specification hose clamps
Carbon Intake Housing Assembly
- The filter housing comprises of a high flow filter, aluminium cowl, laser cut bracket and the carbon pod itself. The carbon pod shrouds the reverse mounted filter and smoothly shapes the airflow down to the intake tube. This smooth reduction in cross sectional area invokes the Venturi effect where the airflow accelerates whilst maintaining laminar conditions. It can be thought of as a large velocity stack – below is a diagram to show the comparison between our patent pending design and a regular intake system. Further details can be read in the Technology page.
Carbon Intake Duct With Shield
- The filter housing is positioned with its opening sealed against this new carbon duct. This carbon duct has been designed to fit over the stock cold air duct and direct ambient air from the scoop into the filter. It seals against the engine bay heat whilst still allowing some air entry from the cold side of the engine bay where the hood meets the wing. In addition, there is a heat shield attached to the side which blocks the hot air from the radiator and the alternator from directly impacting onto the carbon housing. This shield reduces direct heat soak onto the carbon housing and therefore contributes in keeping IAT down.
Carbon Fibre Intake Tube
- Our intake tube is crafted from 100% prepreg carbon fibre. Each tube has an integrated MAF sensor mount and breather adapter which are CNC machined from aluminium. The inlet tube has been designed to provide a smooth path for the airflow to negotiate from the filter to the stock turbo tube. In order to clear the fan shroud we smoothly transitioned the cross section from a circle to an oval and maintained constant area. This ensures the airflow remains laminar and allows the turbo to function with minimal drag.
Carbon Fibre Intake Scoop
- The scoop was designed for maximum efficiency in directing the incoming air to the stock duct openings. Many aftermarket scoops have a large flat area almost perpendicular to the oncoming air – not great for channeling it into the ducts as the airflow just “hits” this flat portion and creates turbulence.
- The Eventuri Scoops have been designed to sit directly behind the front grills to capture as much air as possible and with a continuous curve to the duct opening to ensure this airflow is efficiently channeled. Having an effective cold air feed to the filters is an essential part of our design. Simply having some heat shields in place is not an effective means of avoiding heated air from entering the filters unless the shields create an air tight envelope around the filters. The scoops and ducts in our system combine to provide the filter openings with ambient air and maintain low intake air temperatureThe following video explains the design features.
We’ve got your back!
German Muscle takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 569-3402, feel free to direct message on our live chat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to follow us on Instagram: @GermanMuscleAZ